Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Kuya Ico!



This is my son, Francisco Sebastian Co a.k.a Kuya Ico.

Unknown to many, I have a son born out of wedlock during my wild and folly college days 12 years ago. He is now Grade 6 at Lourdes School of Mandaluyong. He loves anime, playing computer games, loves to read and seriously into dieting now. He's very loving, sweet, caring , quiet, shy but funny older brother to Sam.

I have all praises for my son Ico, he's very open-minded and responsible person. At a very young age, he was able to accept and understand that his situation is quite different from the traditional family set-up he sees around him. He was able to accept that despite his parents no longer together, both can live happy and harmoniously with a family of their own. In spite of having a "weird" set up (he transfers every other month from his dad to my place), he still maintains very good grade and a happy disposition in life. He respects, adapts and adjusts everythime he transfers from one parent to another...be it lifestyle, ways or behavior with no complaints and qualms heard from him.

Tomorrow, January 14th marks his 12th birthday. His dad will pick him up from school for an early birthday dinner treat. And unknown to him, I prepared a surprise late-dinner here at our home inviting my immediate family and Mike's family only. As a surprise gift, I bought him the magnetic treadmill (hopefully it will arrive on time tomorrow!) and a new Nikon digital camera for his new hobby. I just hope he would like these gifts since he never asked for any particular gift or gadgets from me (as always, bait noh!).

So, to my son Ico : Happy, Happy Birthday Kuya! You've grown such a good and sweet boy and I am truly proud and happy what you've become. I may not be the greatest Mom ever, but I am trying to be one for you (and Sam)! I am really sorry that there are things beyond my control, but your happiness is always a priority in every decision I make. Thank you for being a good son and older brother to Sam!
Tito Mike, Sam and I love you so much! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

popcorn said...

Happy Birthday, Ico!

Your Ico sounds like a wonderful and well-adjusted kid :) Kudos to him.

Apols said...

Happy birthday to your boyfriend!

I hope he will have a blast with your gifts =)

Angela Tesoro said...

It's wonderful when children are like that no?Blessing talaga despite the difficulties their parents may go through :)

Happy birthday to your baby daughter's kuya/future bodyguard and chaperone ;)

Jody said...

I salute you for raising such a wonderful kid like Ico. And I can see how he has been a very good brother to Sam. Happy Birthday to him. Nice gifts, may taga-picture na tayo sa outing! hehehe.

Jacqui said...

Hi Popcorn and Apols,

Thanks for the birthday greeting.
The surprise party was a success!
He enjoyed his gifts ... grabe, he was on the treadmill until 10pm. As in, OA na! lol.

Hi Angela,

Yup, ka-bilib how the kids can adjust to their parents shortcomings and accept/understand facts of life. Truly a blessing! :)
Thanks for the birthday greeting!

Jacqui said...

Hi Jody,

Yep..my photographer na tayo sa outing! Hahaha!

Btw, I reserved for Golden Sunset March 28-29, ok ka dito? :)

Thanks for the compliment too. Really proud of him talaga :)

Anniversary Ticker Countdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers