Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008 Projects


Holiday is over. It officially ended today with the Feast of Three Kings.

It heralded the end of the season’s frenzy and back to work (and reality) tomorrow. And for me, it officially starts 2008 sales budget for the team. Hopefully it would be a better year for us this year…more sales to cover the fluctuating forex conversion from our sales quota. Sadly, with the start of the year, we already need to do a lot of catching up with our numbers. Oh well, I really hope and pray it will be a better year for us. More sales thus, more sales incentive (commissions)! More incentives equals to more shopping money for me! Hahaha!

Seriously, I’ve decided to cut-down on my shopping spree this year. My mantra for 2008…BE PRACTICAL and DO SENSIBLE SHOPPING ONLY! Hubby and I talked last week regarding our goals and “projects” for 2008. And these projects would really mean cutting down on unnecessary expenses (read: NO expensive toys, clothes, jewelry, watch, appliance, bags and parties - - ngek, parang ako lang affected dito?!lol.)

I shall be listing our “projects” for 2008 to remind me of all the shopping moments I have to forego to achieve these goals. lol! ( so please, help me God :p)

1.Purchase the lot beside our house...with a bit of luck find the present owner by 1st quarter.
2.Purchase additional family car for us. (Target by EO March 2008)
3.Travel for the entire family this coming summer.
4.If still financially possible, purchase additional property (lot) as investment.


The “projects” shared above would mean working our asses off very hard this year though possibly be financially draining on us. Hopefully, with God’s blessings will be able to pull these off by December 2008. Wish us luck!

*btw, my Christmas present LV bag NOT counted yet for the cost-cutting measures for 2008. That is still part of 2007 budget noh! Hahaha! (may escape clause agad! lol.)

7 comments:

Peachy said...

ano to??!!?!

i wish you good luck, its really time to invest (not on bags and toys!) on things worthinvesting. Kami din we might get a property this year. Travel as a family ths summer,, ang dami magandang beaches dito!!

cge cge, lets remind each other not to buy expensive items..hehehe, pero yung crocs mo for sam, tuloy pa din pag sale na hehehe! Yan palusot ko, never forget the phrase " got that on sale!"

goodluck to us!

Dang said...

hi jac!
wondered what happened to your lv bag present?? anyway, did you get my email reply bout the neverfull???hope so..
happy new year!!love your new year pics at home! :)
http://dangcharlie.blogspot.com

Apols said...

Hey Jacqui, parehas tayo sa goal setting nakalista na yung sakin, ke asawa na lang na kaka iron out lang namin ng mess. bwahahaha.

Kayang kaya mo yan!!!! Pag ni look back natin ang 2008 makikita natin ang nilista nating goals and we will be proud of achieving it hahaha kasi nung 2007 un ang ginawa ko bwahahaha.

natuwa lang ako dito sa post mo hehehehe! pero matigas pa rin ang ulo ko sa ibang bagay hinahanapan ko ng lusot. grrrr

Vina P said...

hi jacqui! yes, enuf of the buy, buy, buy. instead, sell, sell, sell (or in our case, work, work, work). :-) good luck on your projects!

Kelly said...

wow! big goals for 2008 huh? i wish my list includes big things as those on yours! :D

Jacqui said...

hi peachy,

Good luck sa atin talaga..sana makakuha tayo ng "low-priced" and good value property. Yun ang hinahanap ko ngayon. Not rushing naman.

Yun vacation, haay...I want to bring the entire family to HK or Bangkok. Syempre ako taya dun! Instead of going with Hubby at Hawaii this week, decided sayang naman $1.7K airfare ko... pang pamasahe na namin lahat yun noh! O di ba..nagpaka-practical ako ngayon. lol. :)

hi dang,

left comment at your blog. frustrated na talaga ako dyan sa LV na yan ha :) Not meant! Magtipid na lang daw ako! Hahaha!

hi apols,

effective sa akin talaga yun jotting down my goals start of the year. Sometimes, nakukuha naman..though oftentimes, 50% of my goals lang na-achieve ko. Still..good batting average pa din di ba! :)

Btw, I am hoping everything will turn out ok between you and your hubby. (Kahit di namin alam kwento!) Ok lang yan...it makes us stronger (and wiser!) most of the time! :) Stay cool! :)

Hi Vina,

syempre may buy, buy pa din ako especially pag sale! Hahaha! Sayang discount! BUT, I need to be sensible-buyer this time. I need to think if I need the item first before I buy it. Siguro simple pros and cons thinking muna before splurging! Hahaha!

Hi Kelly,

Wish list namin ni hubby ito..I don't think kaya ko ito on my own. No plans of buying very big items naman. And yun property investment, ipasok ko sa loan ito (ie: PAGIBIG). Wala kami CASH for big ticket items! :)

Naisip ko kasi, sayang naman kasi I am working sa company now and I can avail PAGIBIG loans. Maganda pa naman interest rate ng PAGIBIG for 20 yeras, 9% ata. Tipong less than P3K monthly amortization..eh parang isang kain lang namin ni hubby sa Italiannis or Fridays yun :) So less dining out on epxensive resto this year (and years to come!) .. ihulog ko na lang PAGIBIG. Hahaha! :)

Wish me luck makahanap maganda property for sale and worth investing! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://usukukoza.freecities.com/uguvaf.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anniversary Ticker Countdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers