Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas loots for street carolers















Ever since I was given a car, I promise myself that every holiday season I will be sharing Christmas loots to street children instead of giving them money.

The loots are very simple. It simply consists of tetra-pack juice, biscuits, candies, lollipops and chocolates. This year, since I’ve been very blessed, I added few items which they can share with their families, a can of sardines and instant noodles.

After packing each item, the loots were then placed inside our cars, and given to street children or carolers. Usually we give these bags to carolers (kids and older handicapped people) while I am stuck in traffic, parking area or anywhere I can see them.

I’ve been doing this for over ten years now and I am happy to say, I am quite satisfied in giving these loots. I know it’s not much, but I prefer to give these food items rather than give them money to spend for vices like gambling, smoking or buying “rugby”.

Hoping with this small gesture of giving, I can share my blessings and allow them to forget their pains and sadness even for very, very short time. Seeing their happy faces and hearing their sincere holiday greetings and thank you brings joy and smile to my heart. :)

7 comments:

abie said...

Uy sis, ang ganda ng idea mo. Kse pag cash talaga, di mo alam kung saan nila dinadala yun, yung iba pinang bibili pa talaga ng rugby.

Jacqui said...

hi abie,

yup, made sure na talaga sa kanila mapunta yun foodie no :)

"panata" ko na ito ever since I had my own car. Di naman kasi istorbo.. you just pack small items then lagay mo lang sa back seat, ok na to be given away sa kids. Sure ka pa happy sila and tummy-satisying naibigay mo for that day. :)

popcorn said...

I've heard friends tell me that they'd rather just give food to streetchildren rather than money. One friend even keeps a few packs of biscuits for such occurrences.

But I've never never seen anyone go the extra mile like you. Kudos and keep up the good work :)

Angela Tesoro said...

that's really nice of you. Better nga na ganun coz you know the recipients are the direct beneficiaries :)

Kelly said...

what you're doing is really great. ako nagiisip pa kung anong gagawing kong charitable thing this season :)

Vina P said...

hi! ginagawa din namin to, pero candies lang ang dala-dala namin. :-) pero come Christmas morning, we really prepare gift packs for the kids who knock on our doors (may mga squatters na malapit sa subd. namin). we also cook about 2 kilos of spaghetti for those who want to eat na rin. nagseset-up na lang kami ng tables and chairs sa garage. :-)

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

that's a nice idea jacqui! i'll do that when I got my own car, though I know I'd have a hard time looking for streetkids here LOL!

you're girl is really getting big na!

mwah, em

http://em.wifespeaks.com
http://somethingpurpledetour.blogspot.com

Anniversary Ticker Countdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers