Friday, February 18, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi ...

or Happy Chinese New Year!

The Chinese community celebrated New Year with a bang early this month, and as being half-Chinese, traditions must be followed. To welcome the year, aside from being with my family, I prepared sticky cake (tikoy) shared by the family. On the eve of New Year, prepared my wishing paper and lit up incense sticks wherein I jotted down all my wish for the family (and work) this year. Gave out ang-paos (red envelope) too with money inside amounting to P168 ... told to be the lucky number for Chinese. The angpaos given to the kids and supposed to be kept for the year. Hopefully, with all these preparations it will be a lucky year for me and the husband =)

kung hei fat choi!

No comments:

Anniversary Ticker Countdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers